Google
 

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

One of the things that has helped me in my quest for a 'downsized' body, is a little technique I call, "Out of sight, out of mind". If I leave the peanut butter jar, or the bag of chips out on my kitchen counter, then begin to they 'call my name' over and over again every time I walk into my kitchen. Eventually I will decide to have just a handful of chips or a spoonful of peanut better. Then you know what happens. One handful or one spoonful becomes two or three or four. I will just keep eating until one of two things happens. Either they are all gone or I put them away.
If I keep them put in the cabinet with the door closed, then I can't see those foods, and I can't hear them calling me. I won't think about them or want them unless I open the door and see them.
Soooooo my suggestion is this, if there are foods that tempt you to overeat, put them away!!! Don't allow the sight of them to visually stimulate your desire for 'just a taste'. Especially if 'just a taste' can turn into a major over eating moment.

No comments: