Google
 

Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Challenges and Rewards Continue.....

My husband and I went out to eat last night. We don't eat out often, so this was a real treat for us.  We went to an Italian restaurant; a place we had never been.  The food was delicious. I ordered veal toscana, which is veal with vegetables smothered in an unbelievably delicious sauce over angel hair spaghetti. The portion size was quite large.  Our meal also came with yummy, yummy, yummy garlic yeast rolls.  Oh my.  What's a girl to do? So much wonderful food. So little room in my tummy. 

I decided to eat slowly, enjoying every bite. It didn't take long. I began to feel full after having eaten only about a quarter of my meal.  Everything within me wanted to keep eating, and truthfully, I did take four or five bites too much, before I was able to 'wrestle' my desires to eat anyway to the ground and ask for a carry out container.

I had to make myself think about the fact that this succulent meal will taste just a good for lunch today as it did last night.  In fact, it will taste better because I won't be full while I'm eating it.  There is enough food left from me to have about 3 more meals. Yum!!!!

Mental gymnastics.  That's it.  It's all about how I allow things food related to be framed in my mind.  I think this is one of the major components to food control in our lives. Anyway I made it through another challenging moment and have delicious leftovers today as a reward!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always was concerned in this subject and stock still am, thankyou for posting .

Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I ran across your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book-marked it for later!

Anonymous said...

Jսst desire to ѕay your article iѕ as astonishing. The clarity οn your publish is just nice and i coul think
you're ҝnowledgeable inn this subject. Fine with your permission let me to seize
your feed to keep updated wih drawing close post.
Thanks 1,000,000 and ρlease continue the gratifying wоrk.

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. This is a very
well written article. I will be sure to
bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful information. Thank
you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

Anonymous said...

Thiss blo ԝas... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found somеtһing wwhich helped
me. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Useful information. Very interesting topic, outstanding post.I bookmarked it.

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was very enlightening.

I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this article together.
I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Anonymous said...

What's up mates, pleasant piece of writing and fastidious urging
commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.