Google
 

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nutrisystem

Oh, yes, the commercials began increasing just after Christmas. You know. The ones about how much I have lost and how much you can lose. The ones about how easy it was for me and how easy it will be for you. Just call. Just log on.

I must insert a disclaimer here. I have not tried theses diets and indeed have not studied them. My opinions here are just that--opinions which really have no basis in fact. Keep that in mind as you read further.

Nutrisystem is a weight loss program in which you must eat their food. They send you your diet. As long as you eat just those things, then you will lose weight. I'm sure that is true. Most diets will work if you stick to them. You must play by the rules of the diet.

I am concerned about what happens after the weight is lost and you must return to eating 'pre-diet' food. Will you have sufficiently formed new eating habits with 'regular food', will you be able to make your own choices after so long of having them made for you, will you be able to maintain your new weight and down sized size? I am wondering........

For me, I think it is best to learn to healthy eating habits, and to gain strength from making good dietary decisions using food that I choose, prepare and eat, not what someone has chosen and prepared for me.

No comments: