Google
 

Saturday, January 19, 2008

What Are You Willing to Lose In Order to Win?

Hmmmmm. What? I know that when I lose pounds, I win many things such as a smaller body, better health, more self esteem and self confidence, and more energy. But there is more?
Yes. In order to 'win' at the 'losing weight' game, we must be willing to lose (give up) things that stand in the way of our victory.

For me there are many things I must lose (give up). As a compulsive overeater, there are foods that are 'slippery' for me. Foods that could cause me to 'slip' back into my old eating habits and gain back every pound I have lost and more.

I could list these foods for you, but I won't. There are too many of them. However, I will use one as an example. I love peanut butter. I don't just like it. I looooooove it. Peanut butter is good for you, right? Well, not in the amounts I like to eat. What is this eating only a tablespoon? I certainly can't do that. Not consistently anyway. No. No. I like, no, love to take a tablespoon, dip it in the peanut butter jar and load up that spoon with as much peanut butter as possible. Then I will sit and eat it from that spoon. See I told you I live peanut butter.
Eating that amount of peanut butter frequently is counterproductive to weight loss. Even if I ate properly for the entire day, except for the loaded spoonful of peanut butter, my weight loss will be much slower than it would be otherwise.

The truth here is that peanut butter is a dangerous food for me. I can not eat one 'measly' tiny spoonful. It is again one of those times when 'ONE is at the same time too much, yet not enough'.
In order to WIN at downsizing my size, I must be willing to LOSE (give up) permanently foods such as peanut butter that fit into the category of 'slippery foods' in my life.
What are you willing to LOSE in order to WIN???

No comments: