Google
 

Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Eyes Are Still Bigger Than My Stomach

One of the challenges I am having is very much tied to the 'feeding the hungry children in China' challenge. I am still trying to judge how much food it takes to 'fill me up'. When getting a bowl of chili, for example, one ladle full of chili just doesn't look like enough. So when I add another ladle full then I get full before my bowl is empty and then I am faced with the 'feeding the hungry children' challenge---leaving uneaten food, which is still very hard for me to do.
Today I put only one ladle full of chili in my bowl and ate it. I felt satisfied when I finished. Yea!!!
This is all a process. I am working on two different things at the same time. (1) making my eyes accept the fact that a small serving of anything is enough. (2) leaving uneaten food on my plate when I am full.
I know I can do it. When I have completely conquered these challenges then I will be well on my way to permanent weight loss!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.