Google
 

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How Distracting Are the Distractions?

Distractions happen. They just do. There is no way to prevent them. The key is "How distracting do you let the distractions be?

I was all in my Tae Bo routine. Yep, I had my schedule down. Then the distraction came in the form of 12 years old twin nieces coming to visit for a few days. They were fun and we had a great time, but not once did I do Tae Bo during their visit. Not once.

I was and still am self conscious about anyone watching me do Tae Bo. I didn't want them to see me do my 'old lady' version of kickboxing. I could have done it while they were sleeping in the morning, but I didn't. Distractions and excuses.

The good thing is that after they left, I got back into my routine the next day! Woohoo! Perhaps next time I will do Tae Bo during their visit.

If you are struggling with the distractions of life interfering with whatever is good for you, (It might be an exercise routine, or eating a healthy diet.) I encourage you to accept distractions as a fact of life. Then be determined to allow them to only be a temporary derailment in your quest to do "what is good for you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: