Google
 

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where Is the Battle?

My son and I and a conversation today about the necessary changes my husband and I are making in our lifestyle so that we can continue to be health in the coming years. We were discussing exercise as well as eating a healthy diet.

He made a statement that made me think. He said, "The real battle is in the kitchen." He meant that eating a healthy diet is more critical to being healthy than consistent exercise. I have thought about this statement quite a while this afternoon, and I agree with him. If a person consistently exercises, but has no dietary control, heart disease could still be a real problem.

However, I think that a person (like me) who has a problem controlling what and how much they eat, exercise is beneficial. Once I have given my very best effort to a Tae Bo session, the last thing I want to do is "ruin" it by eating a cheeseburger.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: