Google
 

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Holiday Eating the Low Carb Way

This is going to be an interesting holiday season. Yes, I have been on diets before during Christmas and Thanksgiving. Some years I have succeeded in staying faithful to my diet, and at other times I have been unsuccessful. I have cooked traditional turkey and dressing and all the desserts and eaten only moderate amounts of the same turkey and dressing and none of the desserts. I can do it. Right now my motivation is strong and I seem to have pretty good control.
The difference this time is that there is more of the family involved in this diet, and some of the things I have cooked in previous years just won't do now. It is actually going to be quite fun, I think. Lisa, my daughter, and I are collaborating on the menu, not just for Thanksgiving Day, but for their entire visit. She is quite creative and has some great ideas.
I will share with you some of our 'wins' and 'losses' in the next week.

No comments: