Google
 

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Prednisone, High Blood Sugar, Weight Gain, and Patience....Sigh

This too shall pass.....This too shall pass.
This is my second round of Prednizone.
My first started just over 3 weeks ago. My doctor prescribed it as an attempt to reduce the inflammation in my feet due to painful growing heel spurs.
The second began 5 days ago to help clear congestion and infection in my chest that was possibly going to cause pneumonia.
The first time I noticed some weight gain, difficulty sleeping, and higher blood sugar, but I did not feel bad.
This time my blood sugar has soared into numbers that are scary for me and I have felt very strange. I have been very thirsty, jittery, and have had difficulty thinking when my blood sugar is high. Typing on the computer is a chore and I have to really concentrate to get an intelligent sentence written.
It is time to put things in perspective. This is not the rest of my life. Just 4 more days. Then things will return to normal.....my blood sugar......being able to sleep at night......being able to think 'in a straight line'.........and this weight gain will be gone!!!! Patience........

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, Sounds like you need a little encouragement. I just went on Prednisone yesterday after a week of double vision and then when that went away, terrible body pain on rising in the morning that went away throughout the day. Yesterday I took 30 mg of Prednisone and today I am pain free, however, my blood glucose was 239 this morning and never below 177 all day thought I have eaten very little. This afternoon it was almost 400. I am a TYpe I diabetic and this is not good but my doctor is out of town for now. I will call him on Monday. I know what Prednisone can do to your body. My 4 year old daughter took it for leukemia and it was terrible to watch her gain weight. She died in 1975. I am hoping that I will not be on this drug for long. I have what they call Giant Cell arteritis or an inflamation in my arteries. I am under a fair amount to stress plus the diabetes but I have a great bunch of friends and a caring husband so I hope this will not get me down too far. I am 69 years old and have had diabetes for the past 5 years. I hope you get through this and you're right, patience is what it's all about and having friends to get you through it. Hope you have the friends along with the patience. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hello to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this
website; this website consists of awesome and really fine information in favor of readers.

Anonymous said...

Quality articles or reviews is the important to interest the visitors
to visit the web site, that's what this web page is providing.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to be a visitor of this thoroughgoing weblog, thank you for
this rare information!

Anonymous said...

I like your writing style genuinely loving this web
site.

Anonymous said...

thank you for this wondrous post, I am glad
I detected this internet site on yahoo.

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful
& it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

Anonymous said...

Perfect piece of work you have done, this web site is really cool with fantastic info.

Anonymous said...

I'm still learning from you, as I'm improving myself. I certainly liked reading
all that is posted on your website.Keep the posts coming.
I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I go to see daily some blogs and blogs to read articles, except this webpage gives feature based articles.

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles
or blog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally
stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i'm happy to
exhibit that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I
discovered exactly what I needed. I most unquestionably will
make certain to don?t put out of your mind this website and provides it a look regularly.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear description of the challenges.
It was truly informative. Your site is very helpful.
Thanks for sharing!