Google
 

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Look Back at Thanksgiving

It is over. Our children have gone home. We had a wonderful time. Sigh. We miss them already. Thanks to some ice and snow in West Texas, we have a couple of extra days with our son, daughter, and son-in-law. We played games, watched movies, cooked and ate and cooked and ate. Sigh. We miss them already, but we treasure the memories of the time we had with them. Our children are doing well with their lives and we are very proud of them.

OK. The scales show that I gained 4 pounds during Thanksgiving week. Not good. Thinking back to all I ate, I conclude that I did not drastically go off my diet. The only serious carbs I had were in the dressing. The only serious sugar I ate were reduced sugar desserts. However, the amount of food I consumed was more than I would have normally eaten. Hmmmmmm

Lessons learned: All carbs are serious carbs. All sugar is serious sugar. Portion control is important even when the food you are eating meets the 'legal' diet requirements.

Did I ruin everything? Am I discouraged? By no means. As soon as the children left, my eating habits went back to my preThanksgiving eating plan, and I am confident that those 4 pounds will soon be history.

No comments: