Google
 

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Whether I Want To Or Not

We got in from vacation yesterday evening, tired and happy. This morning i told my husband that after breakfast I was going to do Tae Bo "whether I want to or not". There I said it.

Yes. Deciding that I will do what is best for myself, "whether I want to or not", is a difficult but necessary decision that must be made on a daily basis. In order to maintain a consistent exercise program, my personal 'wants' have no place.

I have heard it said that a person's desires to be be healthy and slender must be greater than their desire to eat five slices of pizza. I understand and somewhat agree with that statement. However, there are days (yes, you know about those days), or perhaps minutes when that pizza just looks and smells so good that all desires to be slender just go into hiding, only to come out again in the form of guilt and self condemnation.

My preference is to decide that my wants and desires are not a factor in my commitment to do what is best for my health and well being.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: