Google
 

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New Year's Resolutions and Losing Weight

I love it when when a new year begins. Yep. The new year is like a fresh sheet of paper. There is nothing on it. There are no mistakes. No eraser marks. No sloppy writing. It is only fresh and clean, not empty, but rather covered with potential. Potential for good things, wonderful things to be written, as well as potential for writing about things that are not so good. Potential for writing about successes as well as failures. Potential for growth and learning as well as potential for laziness and sloppiness. Yes, a new year is like a fresh sheet of paper.

I often begin the new year with resolutions, things I resolve to do or do better. This year is not different, except that I am choosing a different approach. I am choosing to think of this year as a new book, a fresh book, with no mistakes, no eraser marks, and no sloppy writing. This new year is fresh and clean, not empty, but rather filled with potential.

Each new day in this new year is like a page in my book. I am going to look at each new day this year as being covered with potential for doing good things for myself and those around me, for growth and learning, and for becoming all that God intends for me to be.

My resolutions will be make each day and they will last only for that day, that page in my book. One day at a time. For today, I resolve to eat only what is good for me and exercise. Just for today I will be attentive to my friends, family, and business. Just for today I will seek God's will every decision I make. Just for today.

Yes, this year will be like a book.

No comments: