Google
 

Monday, October 24, 2016

Is It Necessary to Have a Why?

Major projects are not easy. They are seldom accomplished in one sitting. They require commitment, and focus. The first and, I think the most essential requirement, is a clear and concise reason for doing the project in the first place. Why do I need to do all this work? Major projects that go from conception to completion have a definite reason, a definite 'why'.

Losing weight is definitely a major project. To take this project all the way to completion, to stay the course, and to not get distracted along the way, requires clear and concise reasons. These reasons, these 'whys' must be strong and compelling because they will be one of the 'tools' that will help keep us moving towards our weight loss goal.

Here are my 'whys':
* my overall health and wellbeing - I know I will feel better and be more productive and active if I lose weight. That will make me a better grandmother.
* my diabetes and other health conditions will stay under control and perhaps go away if I lose weight.
*

No comments: