Google
 

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What Will I Gain By Losing Weight?

What's in it for me? Losing weight is a lot of work. It's hard. It's sometimes slow. Sometimes it's not fun. All true.

However, there are many benefits, many things we gain by being a loser of the extra poundage we carry around. What are some of the things I will gain when I reach my goal?

* I will be able to keep my left knee longer.  I had my right knee replaced about a year and a half ago, and it is doing quite well. However, I would really like to hang on to my left one for as long as possible. My physical therapist told me that every pound I lose takes 4 pounds of pressure of my knees.  That's motivation!

* I will be able to keep up with my young grandson longer. We have a great time together, but I know that when I lose weight, I'll gain the ability to have even more fun with him.

There are many other things I'll gain, and I'll share them from time to time.

Next post : commitment

BTW I went to TOPS today and weight in with a loss of 1.5 pounds!  Yea!!!

No comments: