Google
 

Friday, October 28, 2016

First Comes the Decision, Next Comes Commitment

Losing weight begins with a decision. Nothing more, nothing less. I have never had significant weight loss without first making a decision to do so. It rarely happens by accident unless other health issues are involved.  However critical making a decision is, it is only the first step.

After the decision is made, making a commitment to staying the course, no matter what, is crucial. If my commitment to my weight loss decision is not strong, then I can (and have been) easily led astray by any and every excuse possible. I'll lose focus on the clarity of my once razor sharp goal and it becomes hazy. In no time at all, I'm no longer on the path toward my weight loss goal. Nope. I'm headed through the field, making a u-turn back to the land of my weight wilderness.

So what about now? How strong is my commitment to my weight loss decision? I'll discuss that in my next post

No comments: