Google
 

Monday, November 14, 2016

If You Say No, Are You Also Saying Yes?

Is it possible to say yes and no at the same time? To the same question?

 I was thinking a couple of days ago about the times when I want to eat something that I don't need. An extra handful of chips. A snack when I'm not hungry. A large serving of beef brisket when a moderate serving will do. I generally think of these moments as a time when I need to say, "No". "No, I will not eat. No. No. No.  Every time I say no to eating extra calories, the more strength I have to say no the next time I am tempted. Essentially every no makes the next no easier.

However, it also orrurred to me that every time I say no to extra unneeded food, I am at the same time saying yes to better health for me! Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm saying yes to avoiding the complications of diabetes. I'm saying yes to having a lower blood pressure. I'm saying yes to perhaps avoiding another knee surgery.

Yes and no. At the same time!

No comments: