Google
 

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Dealing With Setbacks and Disappointments

Oh yea, that happens. Weight loss is not always linear. Sometimes you get on the scales and you're sure that the scales must be broken, or need a new battery or something. Today was one of those days.  I went to my TOPS meeting and weighed in at two pounds higher! Not fair! I was completely caught off guard. 

Well, what's important here is not the fact that I gained weight. What's important is my reaction and what I do next. Initially I was shocked, but quickly that reaction morphed into resolve. Resolve that will translate into a stronger commitment. 

Additionally, an evaluation is in order. What do I need to be doing better? What do I need to not be doing at all? Hmmm. More thoughts on these questions tomorrow. 

No comments: