Google
 

Friday, November 18, 2016

Water, Water, More Water.

Really? Did I hear that right? Surely not. I don't think I could ever drink that much water. Those were my initial thoughts. However, recently I decided to give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

You see a couple of years ago a nutritionist told me that every day I should drink one ounce of water for every two pounds of my body weight. Ok. At my current weight that's a lot of water.

About a week ago I finally got a container large enough to hold my daily allowance of water. Ok. It's lass than a gallon, but still an incredible amount of water to drink every day. My goal it to drink the entire bottle of water every day, and I get pretty close.

Pros: being fully hydrated makes me feel better. I like taking a drink of water first thing in the morning, because it helps to wake me up. My digestive system is operating more smoothly and regularly.

Cons: I make frequent trips to the bathroom. Frequent. At this point drinking this much water has not aided in any weight loss. However, I remain hopeful.

Because of the 'pros' and in spite of the 'cons', I will continue to drink, drink, and drink more water. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: