Google
 

Monday, July 23, 2007

More About Carbs

In the diet that we are on, we are not totally avoiding carbs. We are avoiding all processed carbs such as breads, pastas, chips, crackers, etc. We are also avoiding potatoes, corn and other starchy vegetables. We are eating legumes, nuts, and lots of fruits and veggies. We are avoiding foods containing refinded sugar and fruit juices.
Our daughter told me that the first week on the diet she thought she was going to die, because she was so addicted to starches. Since that first week though, she has had lots of energy and felt great!
This is my 4th day on the diet and so far I am doing well. I had a bit of a week moment after lunch today when I went through the cabinet looking for something more to eat. I wasn't hunger, of course! I was just wanting something......
Victory!!! I didn't eat anything, I did what is always the best thing for me to do in that situation----walk out of the kitchen! Yea!!!!

No comments: