Google
 

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Well, Maybe My Weight Doesn't Matter, But I Do Care!

A couple of days ago I wrote a post stating that the numbers on the scales are not the top priority when you are seeking to control an overeating addiction. Instead not abusing food is the focus and daily goal of a recovering compulsive overeater.
However, I am here to tell you that I do like to see the numbers on my scales go down. Don't you? You get in the morning, stand on the scales and say, "Yes!", when you see a lower number than the day before! I do!
And what about the days when the scales may show the same weight as the day before, which they will on most days, or oh, dear, the numbers go up by one or two pounds. Does your "Yes!" turn into "Oh, no. This is not good. I am doing my best. I have eaten everything I should and nothing I shouldn't. This is diet is just not working for me. I think I'll eat pizza today, and maybe some dessert as well." If you are one of those people who can't handle a momentary increase or a temporary stabilization in your weight, then Don't Weigh Daily!!!! Do it once a week, or once a month. Not daily. Don't sabotage all your hard work and right eating by just seeing discouraging numbers on your scales.
Lisa, my daughter, has been on this new eating plan for almost a month now and I don't think she has weighed once. She fears that she might be discouraged if she gets in the scales and sees little or no weight loss. Lisa knows she is losing weight by the way her clothes fit and that is good enough for her. Yea, Lisa!!!
For me, however, I like to see the numbers daily. Ok, at least twice daily. Yes, this is coming form the same person who wrote 'It doesn't matter what you weigh." Yes, that is true, but I do care!
I have not told you what my starting weight was. I thought about whether or not to share that gosh awful number with you and decided against it. The main reason? I am too embarrassed. I just can't write that number on this blog and know that all the world is going to see it. I can't do it I will, however, share with you my pounds lost as they gradually come off.
In a few days I may write about my goal and how much I have to lose and then you can do the math!
For today let it be known that, thus far, after my 6th day on the diet, I have lost 3 pounds!!!!! Thank you for your applause!
Have a wonderful day. May God bless you and your family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay Mama! You Rock!