Google
 

Monday, October 22, 2007

Eating the Low Carb Way

One of the things that made me almost decide against going on this diet was that eating anything I wanted was just sooooo easy! I didn't have to think about carbs or sugars or portions at all. If it sounded good and if it was easy, I made it and ate it! Yep, and I had and still have many extra pounds, high blood pressures, diabetes, acid reflux, and pain in my feet to show for it.

Now things have still changed, but I still go for easy and quick in food preparation. I am not perfect by any means, but I do not want to trade my overeating compulsion for a 'proper' eating obsession. So....all things in moderation.

As I share with you some of the dishes I have made and some of my daughter's creative meal ideas, please keep in mind that we are Texan and we do things simply. I live in a small town in West Texas so the variety of meats, fruits, and vegetables in our stores are not as great as in larger cities. Lisa, living in a metropolitan area, has more food choices and loves to cook with lots of variety. I look forward to her contributions.

Readers, if you have recipes or cooking tips which are beneficial to us 'low carb' people, please feel free to share by way of comments or you can email me and I will paste it into this blog.

No comments: