Google
 

Sunday, October 14, 2007

It has been several days, 10 days in fact, since I have added a post to this blog. My apologies to all of you.
Today I would like to share some thoughts about this diet, this 'no processed carb, no processed sugar, diet. By the way, it is still working for me.....16 pounds lost. Thank you, Thank you, I appreciate your standing ovation.
As I have previously written, I am not a medical professional. I have no formal training in nutrition, and by no means, an expert in dieting and eating healthy. That said. I do have some opinions about this kind of diet.
I have some concerns about this diet, when it is followed to the point of 'perfection'. It is my belief that when God created us, He designed us to be completely vegetarian, vegan, if you will. Scripture shows, that in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve did not kill and eat the animals. They ate fruit and vegetables. After the flood, God gave permission for us to eat animals. That said, I am not a vegetarian. However, I do not eat large amounts of meat, as some would to on a no carb diet.
I have also read (no, I don't have the documentation, right now) that too much protein leaches calcium from bones, which can contribute to osteoporosis. Also, people who have a diet high in meat, especially beef, have a higher rate of colon cancer.
Therefore, in my diet, I try to limit my meat intake and eat more vegetable and some fruit. Yes, there are some carbs in fruits and veggies, but they are naturally occurring carbs, making them less of a threat to my blood sugar levels. I stay away from potatoes completely, and don't drink fruit juicts. Too much concentrated sugar.
So, I am doing following this diet in its purest form, and probably never will. However, I am using its basic requirement, and I am winning a healthier body, by losing extra (many exta) pounds!

No comments: