Google
 

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Low and No Carb Eating

I thought I would share with you some of the 'legal' foods that my husband and I have enjoyed these last few weeks. Living in a small town makes it somewhat difficult to find the variety of low/no carb foods. We just do the best we can.
We are eating many more fresh fruits and vegetables. We are eating different kinds of leaf lettuces, cucumbers, celery, broccoli, carrots, onions and tomatoes, to name a few. We also enjoy fresh spinach and squash. We love fresh apples, pears, grapes, bananas, cantelope, peaches, and oranges. We have to be careful not to over eat some of the fruits because of the sugar content.
We are not drinking fruit juices for the same reason.
I have cooked various kinds of beans, but our favorite continues to be black beans.
We just finished eating all the venison left from last year's deer season. :( We had not bought beef in months, but now we will begin once again to eat beef. However, at the current prices we will not eat a lot of beef.
I buy frozen chicken breasts and cook those in a variety of ways. We love baked salmon, seasoned with soy sauce.
We are eating cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast or bacon and boiled eggs.
We also eat a variety of cheeses.
It is all working because now I have lost 12 pounds!!!!!! Thank you for your applause.

No comments: