Google
 

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips, oh my!

It has been several days since my last post. Life has been busy. My husband, Rick and I kept our twin nieces (age 8) over the Labor Day weekend. They are precious little girls who can keep you very busy. We enjoy keeping them.
I told their mother (my sister) that since we have been on our diet, our supply of snacks was very limited. Therefore, she sent snacks with the girls. Sweet, sugary snacks or salty, carb filled snacks. I knew and was prepared for the entrance of the dangerous foods into my kitchen. Yes, they were dangerous to me, because any one of them cause me to loose control of my 'lion', my eating addiction. I was prepared for everything except the Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips! Just the sight of the package bothered me. It was almost overwhelming.
Almost.....but not quite. My strategy was to keep them out of sight and that truly helped. The girls knew where they were, and I knew where they were, but by keeping then put away, I could better exercise my 'out of sight, out of mind' strategy. It worked! I did not even come close to eating even one chip! Another battle won!!!!!

Oh, yes, I am now down 10 1/2 pounds!!! Thank you, thank you for your applause.
I am now at one of those 'milestone' weights. You know, a number that ends with a '0' or a '5'. Yep, at least in my mind, those are the more important numbers. They are like another step down. I love it when I reach those numbers.

One of the things I have learned in Mary Kay is the importance of having a goal. It is by reaching and stretching to reach a goal that we grow personally. Here is my weight loss goal. One of the at least.

In January we will have a Mary Kay Conference. It is an annual event only for Mary Kay Directors called "Leadership". This year the conference will be held in Houston and because I am a new director, it will be my first Leadership event to ever attend. I am so very excited about being a part of this amazing conference. We will have evenings during this conference when formal attire will be required.
It is my goal to be able to wear a particular dress which is at this moment tooooooooo small. I love this dress, but have only worn it one time....to my daughter's wedding 5 years ago. In order to wear it again, I must lose about 30 more pounds! I have approximately 4 months to reach this goal and I am very determined to do so.

Trust me I will keep you 'posted' on my progress. OK. Pun intended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You are an inspiration to all. Chips are so tempting.