Google
 

Saturday, September 8, 2007

What is "Will Power"?

There was a period of about 5 years when I ate no, I repeat no, processed sugar at all. Not one bite. No cake, no brownies, no pies, no cookies, no candy, no oatmeal (tastes awful without sugar). No sugar at all.
I remember going to church fellowships, teachers meetings, etc, and drinking a glass of diet cola or water. Because everything served has sugar, I sipped my drink, and watched others eat.
Invariably someone would ask, "Are you going to eat something?" My response was always, "No, I'm not eating today. I don't eat sugar anymore."
With a look of amazement on her face, the next response was always, "You have amazing will power. I could never do that. I just can't pass up sweets."
The truth of the moment was just the opposite. It is the person who may not be able to pass up sweets, but can stop eating them after a serving or two that truly has will power. Because I have no will power, because once I can't stop eating sweets once I start, then I must avoid them all together.
Yes. For me there is no such thing as a bite or two of candy, a serving of chocolate cate, or a single piece of pie. Soooooo I do not eat these things at all.
I do not feel sorry for myself either. That is for another post.
I hope you will have a weight loss victory today, if you need one.

No comments: