Google
 

Monday, April 23, 2018

More Middle of the Night Realizations

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am not one of those people.  Meaning, I am not naturally slender, because I do not have the natural, innate skill of knowing when I am full and need to stop eating.

Also, my middle of the night thought processing lead me to the next point: it doesn't matter what diet I am on, what I eat or don't eat.  I can eat salads and super healthy, nutritious food. I can follow the Mediterranean Diet plan, or Weight Watchers, or any other diet that can be named, and it won't matter.  Nope. It won't matter.  If I can't control the amount of food I eat on a long term basis, then whatever control a diet may give me is eventually lost, because I will just keep on eating.  Even good, healthy, nutritious  food must have a limit.  This realization actually shocked me.  But I recognized it as truth, because it is the reason that every diet I have ever been on, every attempt I have made to lose weight has been eventually followed by a weight gain that equals or exceeds any loss I may have had.

Is it any wonder that we, the not naturally slender people, get discouraged and give up? Have we been missing the most important ‘ingredient’ in our ‘dieting recipes’? I don’t know, but I do think that without this particular skill, my chance/our chances of maintaining a healthy long term weight are minuscule.

These were negative, pessimistic thoughts. My next post contains my optimistic, hopeful conclusion.

No comments: