Google
 

Sunday, April 22, 2018

People Who Are Naturally Slender, and Then There's Me.

In my previous post I shared an event from about 8 years ago, the meaning of which has finally begun to influence the way I approach this incredibly difficult issue of gaining weight, losing weight, and maintaining a healthy weight.

In the middle of the night the event I described in my last post came to my mind. I hadn't thought of it in years.  I began to ask myself, "Who can do that?!? Who can say, 'I'm full.', and then just stop eating?!?"  Suddenly I realized the answer, "People who are naturally slender! People who do not have weight issues! That's who."

I realized that 'naturally slender' people have a 'natural', innate skill. They do it without even thinking. They don't have to debate with themselves, or anyone else for that matter, about when to stop eating.  They just know when they are full and they stop! It's just that simple.

I further realized that those of us who have weight issues do not naturally have the above mentioned skill. You know. The skill of knowing when we're full and stopping eating right away.  Yea. That one. We don't have it.

I don't know why.  Those are thoughts for another post.

Yes, there are other reasons why naturally slender people are naturally slender.  Heredity and metabolism have a part to play in their ability to maintain a healthy weight.  Again, those are thoughts for another post.

Ok. Back to the middle of the night.  I will personalize this now.  I don't have it.  I don't naturally have the skill of knowing when I'm full and then stopping eating immediately.  It's not innate with me. Most of the time I don't stop eating until my previously food laden plate is empty.

To be continued.


No comments: