Google
 

Monday, April 30, 2018

There's No Way I Can Actually Be Hungry!

Determining when I'm actually hungry is a challenge for me.  There are times when I have this desire to eat and I know that I can't actually be hungry because its only been a couple of hours since I last had a meal.  Sometimes I think my blood sugar may be falling, but when I test it, the result is in normal ranges.  Sometimes I know that I want to eat because I am anxious about something, and on and on. In none of these examples am I actually hungry.  Therefore in none of those examples should I be eating anything, otherwise I'll just be 'feeding' bad habits.

During the last six weeks, we have had a family wedding, and several family gatherings. There have been stressful moments and well as delightful ones. So far, I have continued to 'practice' at every meal. At my son's wedding, I allowed myself a some cake and a couple, no, a few Brazilian candies. But at no time have I had the desire to just eat and eat.

My 'want to's' are gradually changing.  I don't have the desire to eat a big hamburger or steak.  However, I am eating whatever I want for the most part.  Right now my goal is to control how much I am eating, not necessarily what I am eating.  If I want cheese on my sandwich, I'll eat cheese on my sandwich.  If I want bacon and eggs for breakfast, that's what I'll fix.  Soon I'll begin working on lower fat options, but not now.

My plan is working and so I'm going to keep workin' it.

No comments: