Google
 

Monday, May 21, 2018

After almost 10 weeks of conscious eating, and 16 pounds of weight loss, I’m finally beginning to get comfortable with the adjustment in the size of food servings that I put on my plate.  In other words, I’m getting accustomed to and being satisfied with seeing my plate empty rather than completely full. If I put less food on my plate, then I have less food to throw away, therefore a “smaller” decision to make when I get full.

A couple of nights ago, I was enjoying a small baked potato, complete with all the trimmings, when I realized that I was almost full.  Uggg. I didn’t want to stop eating my potatoe. However,  I knew that if I continued to eat from everything on my plate, I would be full before soon, and not be able to finish the potato. My decision was to ignore everything else on my plate and finish my baked potato (complete, with all the trimmings). Yep. That’s what I did. And I was happy!


No comments: