Google
 

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Eating Six Times a Day!?!

On TV there are often commercials about various kinds of diets. I don't need to name the diets because you have heard the commercials also and know the names as well as I do.  One of the commercials reminded me of why so many of our diets don't work.  This commercial talked about the food that can be ordered to accommodate this particular diet.  It was enough food to eat 6 times a day!  I have also heard of diets that are built around 6 small meals a day.

I totally understand the research behind this type of diet.  Eating 6 times a day does keep blood sugar leveled and keeps the dieter from becoming two hungry.  I am just concerned that our bodies get used to eating that often whether or not we're hungry.  Then if we fall off the diet, our bodies still expect food 6 times a day.  Soon we have regained whatever weight we have lost, and are back in the same place we were in before, or perhaps worse.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.  :)


No comments: