Google
 

Friday, May 11, 2018

All Worthwhile Challenges Have Worthwhile Rewards

     My last three posts have been about challenges I face as I continue to practice and continue to learn this new eating skill.  As I move my writing past the challenges, I am reminded that all worthwhile challenges also come with worthwhile rewards.  Hence, "Winning by Losing" is an appropriate name for my blog.  Hmmmm. So what are some of the rewards that emerge from facing and conquering these challenges?

1. One of the first things I have noticed is that my food 'wants' have changed.  Eating a large hamburger and french fries does not sound good to me at all.  Perhaps a small, kid sized hamburger might occasionally be appealing. (Notice: perhaps, might, and occasionally?)
     I continue to think about food a lot, but not in the same way as before.  For example, I know what we are having for dinner - turkey chili, home made.  However, I am not thinking about having a giant bowl of chili at all.  I just want a small bowl with a small serving, and I will be very happy.  I plan to enjoy every bite, because it does taste great (yes, I made it).  However, once I am full, I will stop eating, and what's left of my chili will either be covered up and saved for another meal, or will go in the trash.  That's it.  Done. And I'm happy.  That, my friends, is a reward.     

By the way, my weight is now down 16 pounds since I started on this particular leg of my weight loss journey.

No comments: