Google
 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pictures of a Previous Me

Yesterday I was looking through a stack of pictures that were taken about 8 years ago. During that time in my life I was going through a 'skinny' season. Six years previous to the taking of these particular pictures, I lost about 75 pounds and had regained only about 10 pounds. I hate to brag.....but I looked good in those pictures. Yep, no doubt about it. Weighing less is definitely a positive thing for me.
Seeing those pictures also reminded me of how I felt about myself during that time. Self confidence has never been something I have had an overabundance of, but during that time, that 'skinny season', I really did like myself better.
I selected my favorite photo from the pictures and put it on the mirror of my vanity table so that I can look at it as I put on my makeup each day. It is eight years later. Will I look exactly the same? Of course not, but, hmmmmmm, maybe close to it!!! That will be great!!!
I am a Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics. As such I have a 'director suit' which I purchased at the beginning of this seminar year. It is a wonderful suit, well designed and well sewn. I just love the suit, but it is beginning to get 'roomy'. I think my seamstress will be able to alter it, but eventually, I'll have to buy a new size altogether! That will be great!

No comments: