Google
 

Thursday, April 10, 2008

McKenna's 2nd Golden Rule

Paul McKenna's Golden Rule #2 is 'music to my ears'. "Eat What You Want, Not What You Think You Should" WooooooooHooooooo! Suddenly carbs and desserts are back on the table. Right?

I totally understand and agree with his reasoning here. Foods we have taken out of our diet are the very ones we want the most. Makes sense. Log on to his website, www.mckenna.com, to read all the information that goes with this rule.

He does have a caveat for people who have special medically required dietary needs such as diabetes. Because I am now diabetic, I fit into this category.

Foods that have a powerful control over us are addressed in his technique to combat cravings. I have used this technique in the last few days, and it has helped me quench my burning desire for peanut butter!!!

Because carbs are an important contributer to high blood sugar, I am still eating only a small amount of them. Otherwise, I am eating what I want!

No comments: