Google
 

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

McKenna's Four Golden Rules; Are They Realistic?

I've read those rules before in other places. You know. The articles in Reader's Digest that share how to lose weight and keep it off. The nutritionist on TV sharing their wisdom with us. I have always listened to and read that information with the attitude of "Yea, right. You don't even know how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off. I bet you have never been overweight one day in your life. I bet you have no clue what it is like to want to eat everything in sight even though you know you are not hungry." Have you ever wanted to tell those people off? I just wanted to say, "SHUT UP!"

Well, when I watched Paul McKenna's show, "I Can Make You Thin", I had already looked at his website, www.mckenna.com,
and knew something about him. I was intrigued by his message. Soooooo when I watched his show I really watched and listened with an open mind. What he says makes sense, so I have started endeavoring to follow his Golden Rules.
If this interests you also, I suggest that you log on to his website. Then read and watch the videos.
I am going to share my thoughts about his rules.

Golden Rule #1, When you are hungry, eat. That makes sense. The problem for most of us compulsive overeaters is that we also eat when we are not hungry. The very sight or smell of food makes us want to eat. Right? However, if we are ever, ever to have a hope of being a normal weight and maintaining that weight, we absolutely must learn to recognize the difference between being physical and compulsive hunger, and then program our minds to only want to each when we are physically hungry. On his website, McKenna does address that issue and even has a technique for helping us work through those horrible moments when we just want to eat. I have used his technique the last couple of days and it does help! Hmmmmmm Perhaps there is hope for me after all!!

Tomorrow: Golden Rule #2

No comments: