Google
 

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'll Never Eat Peanut Butter Again!!

I have shared with you on previous posts about how much I love peanut butter. I love to eat it right from the jar. I love to eat it in a sandwich, with or without jelly. I love to eat it with syrup. You know, peanut butter and syrup mixed up and spread on toast or crackers. When I was a kid I loved to eat peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches!
Because I have loved to eat peanut butter in large amounts, it has been a real hindrance to my weight loss. I know I shouldn't eat it, but, you know, that peanut butter jar will just call my name and I will give in and eat a lot, not a little straight from a spoon.
Well, I saw Paul McKenna's TV episode on Conquering Cravings, and then watched the video clip he has on his website. On the TV show he featured a woman who ate 5 pounds of chocolate a day and another one who craved cappuccinos. They both had tremendous weight problems and seemed unable to resist when these cravings hit. I totally identify.
I watched his technique on conquering cravings and immediately decided to try it for myself. It is literally mind control and association. If you are craving a particular food or beverage and it is interfering with your weight, I suggest that you read the instructions and watch the video clip on Paul McKenna's website, www.mckenna.com, to get the specifics on this technique.
I used the technique about 2 weeks ago to help me conquer my craving for peanut butter and I must tell you, I seriously doubt that I will ever eat peanut butter again. Since that time, I have had no desire to look at peanut butter, smell it or taste it. I get almost nauseated when I talk about or think about, or even write about what was once a guilty pleasure for me.
In my next post I will begin to discuss my feelings about how well this technique worked for me, and about just how important it is to allow our mind to be a factor in our weight loss.

No comments: