Google
 

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Alli, Relacore, and other Weight Loss Products

When I walk down the aisles of my local Walmart and see all the various weight loss products, it is sometimes tempting to purchase a 'short cut' to a smaller size dress. Yep, I have even taken them off the shelves and checked out the ingredients and directions. Then I put them back and continue with my shopping.
From time to time you hear about health problems that taking one of the products can cause. That doesn't scare me. That is not the cause of my hesitation when it comes to taking a weight loss products.
For me personally I really have two concerns. First, many of these products cause a dullness in appetitie so that you don't feel hungry. As a compulsive overeater, my desire for food has nothing to do with whether or not I am hungry. I can eat just because there is food in front of me. And eat I will. So I doubt that these products would actually make a difference in what or how much I ate.
Secondly, if by chance they did work and dull my appetite, and I did lose weight, unless I stayed on these products for the rest of my life, the weight would return once I quit taking them because my appetite would return.
When we use an external source to control our appetite instead of an internal source, that is our own strength, then we will begin eating again just as before the external control is gone.
In my opinion, for compulsive overeaters, dealing with our addiction, putting a leash on our lion, and locking him in a cage, is the best, most long lasting method of attaining the weight loss we desire.
I am sure there are a considerable number of people who have lost a lot of with with the assistence of Alli, Relacore, Slim Fast, and many many others. They are just not for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I believe you are on to something here. I was searching the web for blogs concerning Relacore. I was hoping to hear great things which would motivate me to purchase a bottle for myself. However, I do believe it is within that I must deal with. I have lost 40lbs since this April but I am now at a complete stand still and I am hoping to find something that will help me kick up the gears. I know that if you loose it slowly it is suppose to stay off longer, so I am fine with working on it through the holidays and into the new year. I just need motivation to cut back even more.

Deborah said...

Thank you for your comment. Congratulations on your 40 pounds lost!!! Yes, stalling out and remaining at a certain level for a while can be discouraging. It can 'send you packing' for something to get the weight loss started again. I encourage you to do some realistic thinking about and evaluating of what you are currently eating. Be honest with yourself. No rationalizing, no playing games. Again, be honest and realistic. What are you currently eating that might be causing your weight loss to stall? It might be several different foods. It might be portions that are too large. It might be that your diet needs to be more balanced. Whatever the problem(s), don't try to fix it all at one time. Choose one or two things that are out of control and work on them until you feel that they are no longer causing you to not lose weight.. Then chose something else to work on.
Remember that our weight will take care of itself when we are taking care of and controlling the things we put in our mouths.
Again, thank you for your comment. Please let me know how you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Hi, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is
sharing facts, that's genuinely good, keep up writing.

Anonymous said...

After looking over a few of the articles on your blog, I
truly like your way of blogging. I added it to my bookmark webpage list and will
be checking back soon. Please check out my website as well and tell me your opinion.

Anonymous said...

Hello to every one, the contents present at this web page are in fact amazing for
people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.

Thank you!