Google
 

Saturday, August 25, 2007

There are many positive aspects to losing weight besides just being able to wear the 'skinny sizes'. I am once again realizing the ways healthier eating is making me, well, more healthy!
I am diabetic, but by eating no processed carbs and no processed sugar, my blood sugar has stabalized within a very normal range. This means that my body is not going to suffer the complications that accompany diabetes (retinopathy, kidney disease, infections, etc) for a long time and perhaps never! No pills, no shots. I can live with that!
I also have IBS, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. OK, so some of you may think this may come under the category of T.M.I. (too much information). However, I also know that others of you may be fellow IBS suffers. It is not fun, is it? I could get real graphic here, but I won't. Those of you who know what it is like to deal with IBS on a daily basis, don't have to be told the details, and those of you who don't, would not want to know them.
IBS has been part of my life since late elementary school. About 12 years ago a doctor finally prescribed a medication, Bental, that finally brought this condition under control. Yea!!!
However, after about 3 weeks on this eating plan, I have discovered that I no longer need this medication. IBS is not a problem for me as long as I am eating correctly!
If you suffer from IBS, please understand that your condition may not be like mine, and healthy eating may not make any difference for you. But then again, it might! You won't know until you try.
I also have GERD, Gastroesophogeal Reflux Disease, and am still taking medication for that condition. However, I can tell this health problem is getting better as well.
There are many benefits to downsizing our size. Some of these benefits are external; benefits that everyone can see. Some are internal. Those benefits affect our emotional and physical health.
Now that is what I call "win-win" when we 'lose-lose'!!!!

No comments: