Google
 

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Spaghetti and Cheesecake

Lisa and her husband, along with another man own a private school and have just this week had an influx of new students. They were involved in all the tasks related to enrolling students while their annual book fair was going on and while their partner in the school was on vacation! Needless to say they were 'swamped' with busyness last week.
Lisa and I were instant messaging last night. I asked her how the diet was going during this stressful week. She said that had she not been on the diet, she could not have 'made it'. This type diet has given her more energy that she previously had, and therefore she could handle much more activity and stress.
However she did have her 'moment' of weakness. This is what she wrote:

On Wednesday evening, Adam and I were at the office late for the second day in a row after two nights of poor sleep on my end. I wanted to go to "spaghetti warehouse" and order a Dr. Pepper and a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. But I didn't. Went to IHOP, had half an omilet, half a bowl of fruit, and a glass of milk

Her commitment to her eating plan was greater than her moment of weakness, and she experienced a victory that will make her stronger, not weaker when the next challenge comes.

Yesterday afternoon they attended a wedding. It was a Christian, Indian (as from India) wedding. Their partner in the school is Indian and it was one of his relatives getting married. Lisa said it was quite interesting. I'm sure it was.

She said that she ate cheesecake during the reception. This is what she wrote me:

Today's Cheesecake was not an impulsive thing. I chose to eat it and know that it does not affect my diet past the moment I took the last bite (which was not all of the cheesecake I might add)


I wouldn't have been able to do that a month ago either


I would have panicked half way through that it wasn't enough

Because she her commitment was in place, she was able to handle the cheesecake and not allow it to permanently destroy her diet.
Yea, Lisa, I am so proud of you!!

Commitment.

No comments: