Google
 

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One Month

It has been a fast month! Yes, I have completed that first month of my new life long healthy eating plan. My weight loss has been slow, but that is really fine as long as the scales continue to stay 'pointed in the downward direction'. So far I have lost about 7 pounds!
I think I am entering a dangerous stage of my diet. I have become secure, comfortable, perhaps about complacent about my new way of eating. My previous cravings are barely a temptation now. It would be easy to think that I had this 'compulsive overeating thing conquered', and from now on I will be in complete control of 'my addiction lion'.
Years ago, perhaps twenty or more years ago, I lost quite a bit of weight, perhaps 45-50 pounds. I felt good. Enjoyed wearing 'skinny clothes'. Had more energy. More confident. All those things. I told my father, "I have this weight thing conquered. I will never be fat again."
Wrong. I believe this line of thinking was for me one of the sources of my defeat. By thinking I had totally won the victory and that I would never fight this battle again, I began to let my self eat small amounts of those 'trigger foods'.
Why not? I could control this? I can eat just a little bit and then be done with it. Oh, yes. Just like an alcoholic can drink just one beer and be done with it.
This is not a time to let my guard down and sabatoge myself with "'stinkin' thinkin'", but to strenghten my reslove and to even more earnestly keep my 'lion' on a tight leash or in his cage.
Boy, do I look forward to wearing 'skinny clothes' again!

No comments: